Professional Pet Groomer
- Admission and Administration Requirements
- Academic Admission Requirements:
- High school diploma or high school equivalency (Transcript and/or diploma to be forwarded to the College); or
- Mature students who do not meet the education prerequisites may be considered for admission on an individual basis provided the following conditions are met:
- Applicants are at least 19 years of age at the time of application;
- Applicants have been out of school for at least one year;
- Applicants complete the standardized assessment instrument and obtain the result of high school equivalence on all subtests;
- Applicants present a certified copy of grades for the highest educational level attained.
- Completion of Keyin College’s official application form;
- Application fee of $50 (non-refundable). It must be noted that this is an additional cost for the processing of your application.
- International applications are subject to a $250 application processing fee (non-refundable)
The Professional Pet Groomer program is designed to train individuals in the field of professional pet styling. The main emphasis is on the grooming of dogs and cats of all breeds. This program is intended for individuals who have a love for all animals and who would like to be their own boss. The Pet Groomer program will prepare students to work as an animal groomer by using a combination of theory and practical work.
Graduates of the Professional Pet Groomer program can become employed at any existing pet grooming facility, or can start a business in their community and own their own pet grooming company.
- Professional Pet Groomer Courses View
- Grooming Preparation
- Entrepreneurial Awareness
- Basic Accounting Principles
- Business Essentials
- Finishing Touches
- Grooming Tools
- Long Hair Breeds
- Clipping Styles
- Care of Equipment
- Bathing & Drying Procedures
- Anatomy of a Dog
- Basic Knowledge of Canine
- Basic Knowledge of Canine Health
- Cat Grooming Procedures
- Standard First Aid