- Admission and Administration Requirements
Academic Admission Requirements:
- High school diploma or high school equivalency (Transcript and/or diploma to be forwarded to the College); or
- Mature students who do not meet the education prerequisites may be considered for admission on an individual basis provided the following conditions are met:
- Applicants are at least 19 years of age at the time of application;
- Applicants have been out of school for at least one year;
- Applicants complete the standardized assessment instrument and obtain the result of high school equivalence on all subtests;
- Applicants present a certified copy of grades for the highest educational level attained.
- Completion of Keyin College’s official application form;
- Application fee of $50 (non-refundable). It must be noted that this is an additional cost for the processing of your application.
- International applications are subject to a $250 application processing fee (non-refundable)
The objective of this course is to give the student hands-on skills necessary to be employed as a Pharmacy Assistant in community and hospital pharmacies.
Students gain knowledge relevant to the technical and clerical aspects of the pharmacy profession, including inventory maintenance, record keeping, pharmacy equipment, mathematical skills related to pharmacy, and an introduction to prescription preparation.
*Pending Government Approval for Carbonear and Marystown Campuses.
- Pharmacy Assistant Courses View
- Introduction to Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical Fundamentals
- Pharmaceutical Calculations
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Preparation of Extemporaneous Mixtures
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- Comprehensive Review
- St. John Ambulance Standard Level
- Computer Fundamentals / Keyboarding
- Word Processing Level I
- Spreadsheets Level I
- Strategies for Student Success
- Professional Skills
- Career Planning & Preparation