Computer Service Technician
- Admission and Administration Requirements
Academic Admission Requirements:
- High school diploma or high school equivalency (Transcript and/or diploma to be forwarded to the College); or
- Mature students who do not meet the education prerequisites may be considered for admission on an individual basis provided the following conditions are met:
- Applicants are at least 19 years of age at the time of application;
- Applicants have been out of school for at least one year;
- Applicants complete the standardized assessment instrument and obtain the result of high school equivalence on all subtests;
- Applicants present a certified copy of grades for the highest educational level attained.
- Completion of Keyin College’s official application form;
- Application fee of $50 (non-refundable). It must be noted that this is an additional cost for the processing of your application.
- International applications are subject to a $250 application processing fee (non-refundable)
Graduates my successfully compete for positions as first-level computer technicians, technical support specialists, and help-desk troubleshooters.
Keyin’s 39-week CST program provides students with the theory of computer systems and operating systems while developing practical skills through hands-on application software to gain a level of expertise with the most commonly used office programs. The program incorporates a wide range of study areas that are fundamental to careers in the IT industry, such as hardware installation and configuration, operating systems, systems optimization, peer-to-peer networking, Office 2010, and internet explorer.
This program helps students prepare for the Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) A+ and Network+ Certifications.
- Computer Service Technician Courses View
- Computer Fundamentals / Keyboarding
- Operating System Fundamentals
- IT Software Fundamentals
- Strategies for Student Success
- Professional Skills
- Career Planning & Preparation