Business and Computer Applications
- Admission and Administration Requirements
Academic Admission Requirements:
- High school diploma or high school equivalency (Transcript and/or diploma to be forwarded to the College); or
- Mature students who do not meet the education prerequisites may be considered for admission on an individual basis provided the following conditions are met:
- Applicants are at least 19 years of age at the time of application;
- Applicants have been out of school for at least one year;
- Applicants complete the standardized assessment instrument and obtain the result of high school equivalence on all subtests;
- Applicants present a certified copy of grades for the highest educational level attained.
- Completion of Keyin College’s official application form;
- Application fee of $50 (non-refundable). It must be noted that this is an additional cost for the processing of your application.
- International applications are subject to a $250 application processing fee (non-refundable)
The objective of this course is to expose the student to the most relevant aspects of business management and administration. Students receive hands-on training in key areas of financial accounting and payroll, as well as implementation and operation of computerized accounting systems. Students will acquire the tools required for a career in business. Graduates will have the necessary skills to keep a set of books, both manually and computerized.
Students are taught to keep up-to-date with the latest developments and business trends by reading financial newspapers, books and magazines. Case studies are used to train students to think analytically and to apply their knowledge by solving problems and making decisions.
This program also includes the potential for Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification at the Expert level in Excel and Word and at the Core level in Access and PowerPoint.
- Business and Computer Applications Courses View
- Internal Control
- Human Resources
- Business Law
- Writing a Business Plan
- Bookkeeping & Financial Accounting
- Computer Fundamentals / Keyboarding
- Word Processing Level I
- Word Processing Level II
- Spreadsheets Level I
- Spreadsheets Level II
- Database Management
- Strategies for Student Success
- Professional Skills
- Career Planning & Preparation
- Computerized Accounting with Simply